Username:   Password:

Funding Assistance

Funding assisistance for disability related issues is provided by the Ministry of Health through various agencies:

Needs Assessment and Service Coordination Service.

NASC service is contracted by the Ministry to work with disabled people to help identify their needs and outline what disability support services are available to them. They allocate Ministry-funded support services and assist with accessing other support.
Contact details are available here: MoH or

Often the first contact regarding the need for equipment is with a GP. They normally refer patients to the occupational therapy department at the local hospital to assess what equipment/service is required for a person to be able to remain in their own home.
Some hospitals will take a self referal regarding the need for assistance.
Contact details for public hospitals

Equipment and Modifications Service providers:
(Auckland/Northland) Ph. 0508 001 002
Enable New Zealand
(the rest of New Zealand) Ph. 0800 17 1995

For further information click on the links below: